Monday, June 23, 2008

Letter

Dear Elly,
How are you? I'm doing fine. It had been a so long time since we last met back in good old Vancouver! I would like to see you again, so I wanted to ask you, if you want to visit me here in Germany. I would recommend you to come when it's warm,but not too hot, so perhaps around Easter?
I have so many places to show you, and we could do lots of activities: First of all, I would show you of course my hometown Heidelberg. We could go to the castle and visit the old town. Not only Heidelberg is nice, but we could go to the Schwetzinger-Schlosspark or Mannheim (a near bigger city). In Germany the distance to nearby cities are always close, so we have a lot to see! One day we can also go to France, for example Strasbourg.
In this time of the year it is sometimes nice to go swimming, or hiking in the mountains around with a fantastic view over Heidelberg.
Evenings at this time are nice to just drink some beers at the Neckarwiese (the boarder of the river) or go out to bars or discos. Sometimes it can be still a bit cold, so perhaps you should bring some warm clothes too.
In Germany it easy to get around with English, but sometimes you need to speak a little bit of German, so perhaps you should learn German basics, with this you will have even more fun!

Your friend,
Hanno

No comments: